Mommy Musings: Thoughts and Opinions, Top Tens/Lists, Twins/Toddler Tuesday

Twin Tuesday: You Know You Are A Mommy When….

Thought we’d have some fun today and talk about the idiosyncrasies of parenting. Join in at the end. And no judging me LOL I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

1. You are put at the store and realize that blob is not part of the pattern of your shirt, it’s baby spit up.

2. You are sitting in your chair rocking, and then you realize you don’t have a baby on you.

3. Someone needs something like a kleenex, hair elastic, vaseline, candy, or a wet nap, and you are like “yeah, got that in my purse”

4. You are watching the Imagination Movers concert on television and you think, “hey, they’re pretty good”.

5. You find yourself singing the theme song of The Cat in the Hat on your way to work. Here we go go go go on an adventure…

6. You don’t wear jewelery anymore because it’s just another shiny object to be grabbed or yanked.

7. When/if you are lucky to go out for groceries alone you keep feeling like you are forgetting something.

8. You know how to unwrap a chocolate bar without making a sound.

9. You never know how many people will end up sleeping in your bed at night.

10. Laundry is a daily ritual.

11. Silence makes you worry something bad is going on/about to happen.

12. You say the words pee pee and poo poo more in one day than you did all the years before (and getting the pee pee or poo poo on you doesn’t phase you anymore either).

13. You used to get all kinds of boxes of cool stuff from Amazon. Now you get diapers. You then proceed to make said boxes into a house (okay, maybe you did that part before?).

14. Your hot and steamy dreams are about a Tim Hortons coffee.

15. If you want to give someone a lift you have to move all the car seats first.

16. If the kids are out, and you are caught up on your chores (rare, I know) you panic because you don’t know what to do.

17. You are exhausted, and your favourite time is bed time…not yours, theirs.

18. Make up? What’s that?

19. You see a Thomas the tank engine in Walmart and almost buy it just because it’s one you have never seen before and you want it. Then you realize you don’t play with trains, it’s them.
20. You know where the washroom is in every store in a 5km radius and have used them all (well not you personally).

21. Add your own in the comments.

About these ads

About Shannon C

I am a university educated full-time working mother of three children. Proudly Canadian, I freeze my butt off along with my loving partner, two dogs and a cat. I hope you enjoy reading my posts as much as I love writing them, but if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

31 thoughts on “Twin Tuesday: You Know You Are A Mommy When….

1. You know your a mom when the baby pees on you and dont bother to change your clothes. You just let it dry.

Posted by journey2dfuture | July 16, 2013, 11:06 am
  2. You know you’re a mom when you pull silly faces (and accompany them with weird sounds) at your 18 year old brother when he is hanging out with his friends and don’t realize that it’s not the right context. (At least it gives everyone a laugh!)

Posted by mommytrainingwheels | July 16, 2013, 11:44 am
  3. I laughed so hard at this. And then read it over and laughed again. Number one favorite is the Cat in the Hat song. We don’t even watch the show, just see the commercials. And yet I swear I hum it every time I leave the house.

Posted by Heather C | July 16, 2013, 1:46 pm
  4. Well said! I especially relate to the trains, and the washrooms!

Posted by Momtactics | July 16, 2013, 8:13 pm
    • Yay! What’s worse is I have to drag the double stroller in all those washrooms too. Once even the dogs. Two dogs, a double stroller and me and Sawyer all piled in the big stall at petsmart! LOL

Posted by Shannon | July 16, 2013, 9:58 pm
  5. You know you’re a mum when eating a hot dinner feels wrong!

Posted by linbritt | July 17, 2013, 8:05 am
  6. You know you’re a mom when you and your husband argue over who gets to do the dishes because it’s almost like a mini vacation.

Posted by twotastic | July 17, 2013, 2:08 pm
  7. Thought you would get a kick out of a similar post I wrote a while ago!

Posted by Momtactics | July 20, 2013, 8:59 am
  8. I was keeping a running list of similar items for a future post (My creativity is slow, lol!), but I got the idea when I saw a huge mess of toilet paper on the bathroom floor and was relieved it was just on the floor and not IN the toilet. I wasn’t even upset about the mess I was so relieved, lol. This is a funny post :)

Posted by Alyssa | July 20, 2013, 5:49 pm
  9. Hahahaha I love number 8 because I have mastered that skill too! I’d like to add that a small towel on the shoulder is part of your daily wardrobe. :)

Posted by The Vanilla Housewife | December 23, 2013, 9:02 am
  10. Love it! You know you’re a mom when you don’t wear your black sweats when your twins have a cold…snot shows up too well on black!

Posted by livinginthedeepend | December 23, 2013, 4:16 pm
  11. Definitely #2. It happened more when the twins were smaller, but I’ve found myself jiggling as if I’m comforting a baby, with no baby in sight. Blah.

Posted by sparrow | December 23, 2013, 7:23 pm
  12. I love this! I have 5 children one of which is a 2 year old so I completely relate lol

Posted by darcsunshine | December 30, 2013, 9:23 pm
  13. … Even though your son is now 15 years old, you can still appreciate a wonderful post like this one.

Posted by Ann Koplow | December 30, 2013, 9:32 pm
  14. “Silence makes you worry something bad is going on/about to happen.”

Can definitely related to this one! It even gave me a thought about a post I now have to write. ;)

Posted by babiessuckbraincells | January 26, 2014, 9:32 am

1. Pingback: What Is The Ideal Age For Trick or Treating? | A Game of Diapers - October 14, 2013

2. Pingback: It’s Called Terrible 2s and 3s Because F*ck#ng Awful Doesn’t Start With “T” | A Game of Diapers - November 19, 2013

3. Pingback: Youth Of A Nation:Bent not Broke | Twin Tuesday: You Know You Are A Mommy When…. - December 30, 2013

4. Pingback: The Perils of Teenage Boys | babiessuckbraincells - January 26, 2014

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,454 other followers