The girls will be one year old tomorrow and that means that I survived our first year with twins and a toddler (now 3). I would like to share with you some of the wisdom that comes from playing the game of diapers.
2. In difficulty lies opportunity. Being a mom will bring out the best in you, giving you strength, courage and patience you never knew you had simply because it is necessity. Our first day out.
3. You can breastfeed twins. What breastfeeding twins looks like.
4. Cherish every day because they go by so fast, you will regret letting them pass you by.
6. Yes, you can have kids and pets. I have two dogs and a cat, two of which are rescues, and while it is a lot of work, it can be done. Having happy kids and happy dogs.
7. Understand that this IS “normal”. I always hear new moms saying “I just want things to get back to normal”. Well honey, this is it. Life is never going to be the way it was, and you will only find peace after you accept that and stop fighting against the current.
8. Vitex is fricking awesome. Mommy Needs Her Vitex…NOW!!!
9. You have a whole new definition of the word “busy”. I look at people with one baby and think, “wow you must be bored” and yet I remember when I only had one baby and how overwhelmed I often felt.
10. Two years olds can do a lot more than you’d expect if you give them the chance. And terrible twos? Not so terrible. Why the terrible twos weren’t so terrible.
11. You can lose all the baby weight, even from twins. However, as an added (probably unwanted) bonus you get a handy carry pouch of skin and you lose your boobs as well. Postpartum Pics
12. Take all the help you can get, and don’t feel bad about it. Just remember to pay it forward when you have the chance.
14. Tim Horton’s and McDonald’s play land are great escapes. Us at Tim Horton’s
15. Moving is tough. Moving with a family is even tougher. Moving with kids.
16. Being a working mom is harder than being a SAHM (for me, not in general). I still have to do everything I did as a SAHM plus working full-time. Back to work.
17. Blogging can help you stay sane on maternity leave. Why I love blogging.
18. Pampers are the best diapers and with coupons and sales you can get them for the cost of no name (plus you get Pampers points). Why I like Pampers.
19. Twins can be born big, and grow fast so don’t stock up too much on small diapers and newborn clothes because you won’t get to use them.
20. While you may have little time to spend on yourself, (I almost never do, and date nights are twice a year) find something you can at least feel good about like reading a book when the kids are in bed, or doing your nails. What “me” time is with three kids.
21. Belong to every points club and membership club you can and you will save a lot of money. Save your money with rewards clubs.
22. Life is not about weathering the storm, it’s about learning to dance in the rain. Almost Christmas with no power and three kids.
23. Kids can bring you and your partner closer together or pull you apart. Which one, is up to you.
24. I have the most amazing fiancée in the world.
25. I have the best family in the world.
26. I am so lucky for everything I have and I never knew I could feel so content with my life.
I can’t wait to see what year two will bring.
Happy birthday girls! I love you so much. I wouldn’t change you for the world, but I would change the world for you.