Everyone always writes about the things they miss about life before kids (including me) but today I am going to talk about the things I love.
1. You are never bored! There is always something to do. When Sawyer would go away for a weekend with the grandparents I wouldn’t know what to do with myself! I’d clean and it would stay that way.
2. You are never lonely. I am a very social person and I really don’t like being alone, at least for long periods. Now I always have company.
3. Kids always cheer you up. I used to come home after a bad day and drink! Now Sawyer gives me a hug and tells me he loves me and everything else melts away and I remember what really matters.
4. I have reasons to cook. I used to never bother since I’d just be cooking for one, but now I take pride in preparing a meal for all of us. Ditto for shopping. I can finally save money by buying in bulk instead of singles.
5. Frivolous gifts. I have always hated these. Now people always get me practical things and believe it or not, I prefer that. Don’t get me wrong, I still treat myself to personal things on occasion. 😉
6. Satisfaction. You never feel like you have a sense of purpose like you do with kids. It is a lot of work, but you also feel a sense of accomplishment, and that your life matters because these little beings depend on you.
7. Being a kid again. You get to rediscover the world through the eyes of your kids. You get to play with toys and watch Disney movies and its okay.
8. Surprises. Life is never boring with kids. You never know what to expect. Out of the blue they will say something funny or do something new and surprise you.
9. Carpool lane. Enough said.
10. Family. When I was young and single family wasn’t so important, but having the kids really brought us together. It’s important for them to spend time with their family who loves them and I get to enjoy family time too. Since the twins were born especially everyone is always wanting to come by and visit.
Sometimes with three under three I feel like pulling my hair out, but I think about my life before and it just feels empty. I love you guys!