Mommy Musings: Thoughts and Opinions, What Do You Think?

Kate Middleton: Pregorexic?

You call that a baby bump? I call it a big lunch!

When it comes to celebrity news, I admit I am very blase. In fact, I use the term “news” somewhat sarcastically. Jennifer Aniston seen wearing bulky sweater, sources say she is hiding her baby bump.

Yeah. Whatever.

Having always struggled with my weight, I found myself lucky that when it came time to put on the pregnancy pounds, my babies were my number one priority and I never looked back.

With all the celebrity pregnancies and women looking like they never gave birth only weeks postpartum puts a lot of pressure on us regular women. Let’s face it, it takes nine months to put it on, it’s not going to disappear overnight. Nor should it. The weight is there for a reason.

Getting to Kate Middleton. She seems like a sweet girl, but I find it alarming that at 6 months pregnant she has virtually no baby bump and is far from maternity. She was waif thin before (to be honest, I don’t know how she even got pregnant that thin) and she is still thin now.

Kate prepregnancy and waif thin

Of course, it’s her life and maybe it is just a fluke and her metabolism is faster than the speed of light. The problem is that she is a role model to millions and I fear seeing her will make lots of women with sweet baby bellies feel bad about themselves, or give little girls the idea that it’s good to be thin while you are pregnant.

Being pregnant is one of the most special times in a woman’s life. You are growing a human being inside you and there is nothing like it. You should eat well, be healthy, and enjoy yourself. You have the rest of your life to worry about fitting into the latest skinny jeans.

So Kate: please, for your baby, EAT something! 😉

6 thoughts on “Kate Middleton: Pregorexic?

1. Some people i guess just dont carry big. I was pretty small throughout my pregnancy when i hit 30 weeks i slowly started to gain the weight.
    I might put all my photos on a wordpress page, there good to look back.on.

Posted by journey2dfuture | June 3, 2013, 12:51 pm
  2. I totally agree. I put on 22kg with my first but that’s what my body needed to support my 4kg baby. I also lost it all through breastfeeding. Your body needs that energy – making babies is hard work!

Posted by melbournemummy | June 4, 2013, 1:58 am
  3. I think she was too thin back in 2011 but she looks amazing now!! With it being her first, she will likely start really showing by the middle of 7 months. She probably wishes she were bigger. When I was preggo with Samuel people were constantly telling me how small I was (and my baby bump too 😦 ) and then BAM I was “huge” by 7 months. Ha!

Posted by Valerie | June 4, 2013, 6:43 pm
    • I agree everyone is different and some people show more than others but it’s hard to believe when she was so thin to start. I started showing by three months with my first because I had a low BMI and I wasn’t quite as skinny as her. I just hope she is being healthy because I noticed she had lost weight after the wedding and I can only imagine what the stress of being in her position could do to you.

Posted by Shannon | June 4, 2013, 7:33 pm
      • I bet the wedding was stressful! Yikes, it was such a HUGE deal!! Come to think of it, wasn’t she sick and hospitalized during the beginning of her pregnancy? I think I read that somewhere.

Posted by Valerie | June 4, 2013, 8:53 pm
      • She was with HG. I forgot about that.

Posted by Shannon | June 4, 2013, 11:20 pm