I have to admit, I enjoy blogging a lot more than I thought I would. I never thought I’d enjoy reading other’s posts or have followers of my own. But now that I do, I have been doing some research about how to get noticed. I thought I’d share some of the things I learned.
1. Think of it as a party. You can’t just stand in a room and yell out comments. You have to listen to others. Read other people’s blogs, like posts, leave comments, follow your favorites. Getting involved will get your blog noticed.
2. Write some interesting posts. Yes, a blog should be personal and about you, but there is nothing wrong with having a few key posts to reel people in.
3. Keep your blog clean. Not everyone has access to the same technology and people will not want to visit you blog if it has annoying music or takes forever to load.
4. Use social media to promote your blog. WordPress allows you to link Twitter and Facebook accounts.
5. Blog regularly and frequently. Random posts here and there tend to lose people’s interests.
6. Register your blog. You can register on Google, Pintrest, Bing, Reddit, and more. I admit, I am new to these myself, but hey, it can’t hurt.
7. Subscribe to the WordPress newsletter for blog prompts and ideas on how to spice up your blog.
8. Don’t get discouraged. There is no replacement for time. As you grow you may encounter some negative feedback. Just shrug it off. Your blog is for you. Don’t worry if someone doesn’t like it.
If you have other tips feel free to comment below. Let’s help out all those up and comers.
Happy Blogging Everyone!