Twins/Toddler Tuesday

Twin Tuesday: Our First Road Trip

We did it! We drove away with all three kids for a weekend and everything went great. It’s kind of funny. I was looking forward to blogging about it, but I don’t really have much to blog.

The girls slept on the way there and on the way back (just barely on the way back, there was an accident that added 45 minutes to our trip). I was worried about Sawyer since he is no longer in diapers, but he was fine.

We had a BBQ, saw lots of family and successfully flew kites. Sawyer went to the farm with his aunt and I got to go to a sane Walmart (instead of the zoo ones in Toronto). It was a great weekend and I look forward to doing it again before the girls out grow their car seats.

If there is a take away I would convey to you it would just be to be cool. I didn’t do what I used to, which is stress out over every little detail (I am a very proactive person). We just said “whatever happens we will deal with it”, and so we did.

I am a university educated full-time working mother of three children and expecting #4. Proudly Canadian, I freeze my butt off along with my loving partner, two dogs and a cat. I hope you enjoy reading my posts as much as I love writing them, but if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

10 thoughts on “Twin Tuesday: Our First Road Trip

1. Good for you. Sounds like you had a great weekend. How long was the car ridev we are planning a 6hour ride next monday with V and im slightly worried.

Posted by journey2dfuture | June 25, 2013, 1:34 pm
  2. I still haven’t brought Anderson to Toronto. I’m afraid of his nap schedule. He hates napping anywhere but home, so he’d be cranky ALL day. I’m a wussy Dad.

Posted by Derek | June 25, 2013, 1:42 pm
    • LOL I used to be that way too, but once you do it once you realize its not so bad. We drove Sawyer to Ottawa and back for a wedding at Andy’s age and it was okay. He cried for about an hour and a half on the way home though which wasn’t great. Can’t wait to see you guys.

Posted by Shannon | June 25, 2013, 4:12 pm
  3. That’s nice that you could get everyone in one vehicle and take a fun road trip! Especially as it was a successful one!

Posted by Sarah | June 25, 2013, 1:58 pm
  4. Yay!! Once you master one trip, its pretty easy to keep going. Our first trip was 2 hours each way, didn’t stay over night. The twins were 8 months, big sis (not potty trained) was 3 years, 2 months. We went for our anniversary after being couped up since they were born. It was so freeing realizing that we all survived and it wasn’t that bad. Since then we’ve taken a 4 hr trip, a 14 hour trip and 2 18 hour trips (split into 2 days each.) Planning another 18 hour this Christmas probably.

Posted by Heather C | June 25, 2013, 7:04 pm
    • Its true! Well since we have had to take Sawyer on long road trips for weddings I never would have done I got such confidence. The girls have taught me all my obstacles exist only in my mind. Now I know, the sky is the limit.

Posted by Shannon | June 25, 2013, 8:54 pm
  5. Beautiful pictures! Looks like you had a fun time 🙂 We brought G on a 12-hour coach trip when he was a year old. Turned out pretty well because he was sleeping throughout.

Posted by mummyshymz | June 26, 2013, 3:04 am