As hard as this is to believe, I am not perfect.
I know, right? LOL
I was posting some handy organizational ideas in my multiples group the other day, and I jokingly mentioned that you could tell I am a “type A” personality. The owner of the group wrote back “well we can definitely use some of those here”. That’s when I realized that some of my qualities that weren’t so cool when I was childless now seem make me a better mother!
Funny as that is, read on.
1. Having a “type A personality”. Without kids I was a “control freak”. With kids I am the mom who “has everything under control”.
2. I am a very thrifty person, always looking for sales and clipping coupons. Before kids I was “cheap” and now with kids I am a “frugal mom” who is saving money for her family.
3. I am a very energetic person who likes to be busy. Before kids I was the person who “didn’t know how to relax”. Now, I am the “supermom” who gets it all done and keeps up with the kids.
4. I believe in dressing for comfort vs style (read yoga pants and running shoes). Before I was “frumpy” one who didn’t care about her wardrobe. Now I am a “trendy” mom.
5. I don’t usually spend a lot of time on my hair and make-up. Before I was “lazy” and I didn’t care about my appearance. Now I am the “busy mom” who’s so devoted to caring for her kids she sacrifices herself.
6. I am a very social person and I don’t like to be alone for long periods of time. Before that made me “needy”. Now, as a mom, it makes me “nurturing” to spend so.much time with my family.
7. I haven’t actually done this yet, but driving a minivan. If you are childless you look like a bit of a loser but if you have kids your the cool “soccer mom”.
8. I sometimes hide candy in the house. Before that made me a “junkfood hoarder”. Now I am a mom who puts “nutrition first” and makes sure the kids eat a proper diet.
9. I tend to act authoritatively in situations. Before, that made me “condescending”. Now, it makes me a good “teacher”.
10. I tend to eat on the run. Before that made me “unhealthy”. Now I am a “busy mom” on the go.
11. Rewearing clothes without washing them. Before that meant I was “unkempt”. Now I am a “confident” mom who’s not ashamed to get groceries with spit up on her shirt.
12. Let’s hear yours. Anyone else realizing they were training for being a mom before they knew they wanted to be one?