Twins/Toddler Tuesday, Uncategorized

The Game of Diapers Goes to the Next Level

Well ladies and gents, the time has arrived. I have now been on maternity leave for over six months and so it is time to start once again thinking about my career. I have so much enjoyed my time off with the kids, and working on my blog that I have not given my job a second thought.

So now I have a lot of reading, research and catching up to do, which means I won’t have as much time to work on my blog. But, as a bonus, I have so enjoyed blogging and now that I know how to do it, I have decided to start a professonal blog as well so I am very excited about that ๐Ÿ™‚

All is not lost. I currently follow the blogs of many working mamas and so I plan to continue what I have started because, after all, I am a mother first and foremost and I love to write and share ans help. If they can do it, so can I.

Thanks again to everyone for supporting me the last six months, reading, sharing, liking, and tweeting.

The best is yet to come ๐Ÿ™‚

18 thoughts on “The Game of Diapers Goes to the Next Level

1. I’ve often wondered about the whole extended maternity leave thing. I got 8 weeks. I went back to work ON my twins’ DUE DATE. (Since they happened to be born exactly 8 weeks early.) It was hard, really hard. But I don’t know how that compares to having a whole year off then having to go back.

Posted by Heather C | July 22, 2013, 2:53 pm
  2. Looking forward to it. When do you go back to work ?
    Ive taken 2years off unpaid i should add. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Posted by journey2dfuture | July 22, 2013, 2:59 pm
  3. Best of luck and I look forward to reading about your job!

Posted by Christie Silver | July 22, 2013, 3:01 pm
  4. We get a full year in Canada! I have had two back-to-back pregnancies, my youngest is not even four months and I just started looking for work! I don’t know if my brain still works but we shall find out soon enough!

Posted by Sixtine and The Little Things | July 22, 2013, 9:24 pm
  5. I’ve nominated your for a Leibster Award! I hope you’ll accept it. http://lynncollins10.wordpress.com/2013/07/22/the-liebster-award/

Posted by lynnc2010 | July 22, 2013, 10:25 pm
  6. Oh no! Hopefully we still see you reasonably regularly. I’ve become quite the fan of your blog! I’ve been off work for almost 2 years now but I do a work/study from home combo 2dpw which keeps me sane. I had a mega professional mgt job before I had monkey and worked very hard and long hours. I have no desire to return to something so full on at all. I don’t miss it one little bit!!! My brain needs a tad more stimulation though. Might need to see what meaty writing topics I can rip into!! Good luck!

Posted by mummyflyingsolo | July 23, 2013, 7:48 am
    • Talk about long hours. When Sawyer was 1.5 I worked almost 160 hours in three weeks! I loved my job and we are literally talking life and death situations so you can’t just “clock out” I have made a vow that I will cut back with three who need me.

Posted by Shannon | July 23, 2013, 10:38 am