Twins/Toddler Tuesday

Twin Tuesday: My Guilty Confession

Now that the girls are six months old they are pretty much sleeping through the night. So I have started transitioning them into their crib (we have a twin pack and play in our bedroom).

The idea of freedom and not having to share the bed or sleep at all kinds of weird angles seemed great at first. But as I lie in the bed trying to get to sleep I miss them! Yes, I have the dogs (one or the other or both) and sometimes Sawyer when he as a “nightmare”. I use quotes because I think sometimes he uses it as an excuse to sneak in the bed…takes after his mama. LOL

So a few nights I have been grabbing a baby out of the crib and snuggling beside them. Then I can go to sleep. I know they will have to sleep on their own eventually, but I just can’t let go yet.

Oh, and where’s Jeff all this time? Sleeping on the sofa! He started doing that to accommodate the girls and get sleep for work. I am still working on getting him back in there, but he’s nowhere near as snuggly as my babies. 🙂

19 thoughts on “Twin Tuesday: My Guilty Confession

1. I co-slept with my kiddos until they were each about 2. Your babies are still so little, they probably love having you there. 🙂

Posted by momtimes4 | July 30, 2013, 1:22 pm
  2. Awww bless you. Im that momma who cant sleep with the baby. I need my space and knowing hes safe in the crib away from falling off the bed.

Posted by journey2dfuture | July 30, 2013, 2:12 pm
    • I understand that. The bed is on two walls so the only open side is the side I sleep on (well and the bottom but the dogs are there). It’s just so much easier to nurse. Plus, the girls have to share our room with way until we move. 🙂

Posted by Shannon | July 30, 2013, 7:03 pm
  3. I’m trying to think of strategies to get my son to want to stay in his bed! But when he does sleep in his bed all night, I miss him. 🙂

Posted by Christie Silver | July 30, 2013, 3:27 pm
  4. I totally know the feeling! My daughter is 20 months and still in a mini crib next to my side of the bed. Part of this is b/c we live in a two bedroom and I have been dreading the thought of moving her into the room with my (cantankerous) son. . . but the other part is just that I like having her next to me! I like hearing her sucking on her binkie and breathing. And it is so sweet to hear her playing happily in her crib in the morning and then to hear her saying, “mommeeeee, mommeeeee. . . ” she’s my last baby, so I figure, why rush? 😉

Posted by momasteblog | July 30, 2013, 7:57 pm
  5. haha you crazy lady! Kidding of course. I have nothing at all against co-sleeping, I just don’t get it because I don’t enjoy it. No sleeping for this mumma when kiddie is in bed! You do what works for you though 🙂 A few extra cuddles never hurt anyone.

Posted by mummyflyingsolo | July 30, 2013, 8:45 pm
    • Do what works for you right? I didn’t always like it but it was so great because I could nurse twins all night long and still get 6-7 hours of sleep. Then once you get used to it… LOL

Posted by Shannon | July 30, 2013, 9:27 pm
      • I think I’m always hopeful for cuddles as I still let monkey in bed with me occasionally but it just never happens. One day they’ll be grown up and cuddles will be scarce. You will look back on those so fondly. I envy you a bit for that 🙂

Posted by mummyflyingsolo | July 30, 2013, 10:21 pm
      • Thanks, that is such a lovely thing to say.

Posted by Shannon | July 31, 2013, 12:55 am
  6. Aw, Shannon, I feel the same. On the nights when I have managed to get Little Chop to sleep in her own room I can’t sleep at all so I hear every single noise she makes and bring her in with me at the first sign of waking. So much for weaning her off co-sleeping!

Posted by melbournemummy | July 31, 2013, 1:45 am
  7. My little boy sleeps with us. Its so cozy. I love having my family near at night.

Posted by runningafterale | July 31, 2013, 1:36 pm