Twins/Toddler Tuesday

We Are Moving…With Kids!

After a three month search, we finally found a new place to live. The girls will have their own room, we will have a small yard, a communal playground and pool and even a rec room for the kids.

I am happy and excited, but also scared.

I have moved many times in my life. In fact, there was a time where I moved five times in just over five years. You’d think I would have got it down to an art by now, and I do, except not for when there are kids involved.

The thought of trying to pack and unpack everything while trying to preserve some normalcy for a two year old, six month old twins, two dogs and a cat is going to be an undertaking for sure.

But, the silver lining is that I will be able to blog about my experience and let you know what works/doesn’t work incase you find yourself in a similar situation.

Fingers crossed for a smooth transition.

13 thoughts on “We Are Moving…With Kids!

1. Best of luck! I’ll be taking notes in case I need to move in future years :D.

Posted by mommytrainingwheels | August 12, 2013, 11:11 am
  2. When we last moved my son was 3 and my daughter was 8 weeks old.. It’s a memorable experience at least lol..

Posted by ninjasinstitches | August 12, 2013, 11:53 am
  3. I look forward to the tips! We are going to be moving cross country in the next year or so, with 3 kids… any and all tips are awesome. Good luck mama! I’ll keep you in my coffee thoughts!

Posted by lynnc2010 | August 12, 2013, 12:09 pm
  4. Good luck sound exciting. Just remember to pack the snacks a toys last.

Posted by journey2dfuture | August 12, 2013, 2:18 pm
  5. Pack wine. We needed it for our move! Our twins were 18 months, and I remember thinking (wishing, desperately hoping, all-out despairing) that it would have been SOOOO much easier if they were still in the jumperoo/exersaucer/bouncer stage. Containment would have really helped the process!

Posted by chicachicababies | August 12, 2013, 4:21 pm
    • LOL I like that idea. We are going to keep the animals and have my parents watch the kids for the movers part so that will help a lot.

Posted by Shannon | August 12, 2013, 10:21 pm
      • Ah-ha! We moved across country to a place with no family/friends, so basically, your move will be better in every way than our experience. 🙂

Posted by chicachicababies | August 13, 2013, 2:15 pm
      • Oh, I am sorry to hear that. We were really hoping our next move would be to our first home, but sadly we are not in a position to buy a house so we are making the best of our new rental. I hope you’ve made some friends now 🙂

Posted by Shannon | August 13, 2013, 2:30 pm
  6. Good luck with your move. I dread the idea of moving with three young children, even at the ages mine are! I’m not sure I’d have coped well at all when they were very young. Hope all goes well 🙂

Posted by Dawn Frazier | August 13, 2013, 10:03 am

1. Pingback: Happy Birthday Girls! Things I Learned From My First Year With Twins | A Game of Diapers - January 3, 2014