Twins/Toddler Tuesday

Happy Eight Months: Where Are We Now

I am still in shock when I think about the fact that my little baby girls are now eight months old. It seems like it was just yesterday that I was pregnant with them. For others with twins I thought I’d do a quick run down of where we are so you can have an idea of what to expect. Obviously, only an idea since all babies are different, as the girls constantly demonstrate.

June

-26lbs

-still breastfeeding

-can sit unassisted

-can eat cereal and baby food (will eat just about anything)

-says nana, but not very vocal

-wakes about 2 times a night to nurse (once if I supplement with a bit of formula).

-can wave

-can roll over

-loves jolly jumper

-has two teeth

Sansa

-19.5lbs

-drinks formula

-can hold her own bottle

-wakes up about 4 times a night

-has two teeth

-loves to talk, says mama, dada, baba, and lots of sounds

-rolls over with ease

-is crawling

-eats cereal and baby food (likes sweet potatoes and applesauce best)

See Also:

How to Win at Breastfeeding: What the Books Don’t Tell You

Ten Tips for Starting Solid Foods With Twins

Why The “Terrible Twos” Weren’t Terrible At All

I am a university educated full-time working mother of three children and expecting #4. Proudly Canadian, I freeze my butt off along with my loving partner, two dogs and a cat. I hope you enjoy reading my posts as much as I love writing them, but if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

13 thoughts on “Happy Eight Months: Where Are We Now

1. It goes by so quickly! Sounds like they are doing well.

Posted by Heather C | September 17, 2013, 11:13 am
  2. Enjoy your babies. I have a 4 1/2 year old boy, and a 2 month old baby boy. It is amazing how different it is with my new baby. I guess I am more acutely aware of how fast they grow, and the need for me to calm down and really enjoy the little and big stages as they grow.

Posted by Jason E. Marshall | September 17, 2013, 11:35 am
    • It’s crazy how fast things have gone by with the twins. All three seem to grow up so qyickly. That’s why I hate it when people say “surviving” motherhood. It’s not something to be “survived” it’s something to be enjoyed. 🙂 thanks for stopping by and best wishes with your two.

Posted by Shannon | September 17, 2013, 12:49 pm
  3. They are thriving! 🙂

Posted by mummyshymz | September 17, 2013, 1:28 pm
  4. My favorite age was eight months! Have so much fun together! Once they are on the move, you won’t be able to hold on to them for long!

Posted by Sarah K Russell | September 17, 2013, 8:17 pm
  5. My little girl just turned 8 months old as well. She is our 3rd and last and it definitely feels like this one is growing up too fast. All of our babies were preemies and everyone is always surprised how bit BabyGirl is as well.
    Every baby is so different, but the contrast must really be dramatic watching twins grow alongside each other!

Posted by My3Monsters | September 17, 2013, 10:47 pm
    • Happy 8 months to you too then. Its funny because I do get excited thinking about all the fun we will have when they are older and when they can play with their brother but at the same time I want them to be my babies forever. There is quite the contrast, they are like night and day, but then again, it human nature to focus on the differences rather than the similarities. Cheers!

Posted by Shannon | September 18, 2013, 9:50 am
      • I actually came across some short video clips of the boys last night as babies and I couldn’t believe how all 3 of my kids were so alike as babies in the way they laughed, smiled, did little gestures. It’s amazing how alike and different they are all at the same time 🙂

Posted by My3Monsters | September 18, 2013, 9:53 am
      • Oh ya. You can’t tell my daughter from my son in baby pics, they look identical! Except it’s the two girls that are twins LOL

Posted by Shannon | September 18, 2013, 10:28 am

1. Pingback: Ten Months and Six Teeth | A Game of Diapers - November 18, 2013

2. Pingback: Baby Milestones: The Girls At 12 Months Old | A Game of Diapers - January 19, 2014

A Game of Diapers