Mom Pics, Wordless Wednesday

11 Month Postpartum Twin Belly Pics: Warning Graphic Images

This will be my last postpartum pic unless anything changes.  I am back down to my pre-pregnancy size give or take.  I still have  pouch, but I wear it with pride (even if it is a little sad LOL).

I notice that with the more weight I lose, the worse it gets. Hence, if I was not so thin, it probably wouldn’t be so bad.

BEFORE PICS

AFTER PICS

Related Links

I am a university educated full-time working mother of three children and expecting #4. Proudly Canadian, I freeze my butt off along with my loving partner, two dogs and a cat. I hope you enjoy reading my posts as much as I love writing them, but if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

25 thoughts on “11 Month Postpartum Twin Belly Pics: Warning Graphic Images

1. Thank you for sharing. It is great to see someone being honest. Often we only see celebrities postpartum pictures and many of them have access to the best plastic surgeons or make up artists.

Posted by pregorealdeal | December 11, 2013, 9:58 am
    • You are welcome and that’s exactly why I do it. Normally I am so sell conscious I won’t even wear a bathing suit, but I think it’s important for women to see what a real post pregnancy body looks like. Cheers.

Posted by Shannon | December 11, 2013, 10:02 am
  2. From one twin mom to another, I think it looks great. You are amazing for sharing.

Posted by Heather C | December 12, 2013, 7:49 am
    • Thanks! I often wonder if my body will ever be the same, but the awesome part is, I don’t care! 🙂

Posted by Shannon | December 12, 2013, 9:54 am
      • Wow! I wish I had found this blog a few months ago! Hi Fellow Twins Mamas! Hi Sharon! You’re doing a great job, my twins are just one year and two weeks! I refused to be bothered with numbers when it came to weight throughout my pregnancy and postpartum. I now notice that my belly is dropping ( Praise God) But, again, I have to be realistic: I will loose more weight and all, but I cannot expect to look at age 20. I now have four children, ranging from age 9 to 1: WORK! I has to rethink my career and my life, and simply accept that nothing would be the same, but what is important, is to have happy and healthy children

Posted by Ingrid Nhyira | December 17, 2013, 11:02 pm
      • Welcome! I am glad you found me. I only have three (plus two dogs and a cat) so you are one up on me, but I did survive three under three which was fun. I am a full time working mama myself. I hope you enjoy my blog and congrats on your twins as well. Happy holidays 🙂

Posted by Shannon | December 17, 2013, 11:08 pm
  3. I don’t have twins, but I did gain 80 lbs with my big, long, 10 lbs baby. I was 100 lbs before I got pregnant so needless to say my belly is similar to yours. It’s nice to see a realistic postpartum instead of the the smooth tight bellies of celebrities and other internet moms that are constantly shoved down our throats.

Posted by Lindsay Rode | December 18, 2013, 8:39 am
    • Thanks. I am a bit of a softie so I was worried by what kind of comments I might face, but I really think it’s important for people to see that having a baby is a big deal, and you don’t just give birth and go back to “normal” in a few weeks. Congrats on your LO and thanks for stopping by.

Posted by Shannon | December 18, 2013, 9:34 am
  4. thank you for keeping it real

Posted by Twin Falls Mommy (@TFMomExaminer) | December 18, 2013, 7:30 pm
  5. Thank you so much for sharing!! I am a mom of twin boys and have the exact same stomach. You go girl!

Posted by Sarah | December 19, 2013, 8:30 am
  6. Exactly! My twins came 2 months early so the belly got a little less s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d (although the forehead got more worry \\// lines), but you got the basic idea. I just keep telling my husband and children how gorgeous Mama’s belly is now. They totally buy it. It also works for the “beauty lines”. ha! Love the skin you’re in, right? Collagen be damned.

Posted by jgroeber | December 30, 2013, 7:35 pm
    • You are a tiger who has earned her stripes 🙂 my son was almost 9.5lbs and the stretch took about 10-11 months to disappear so with 14lbs of baby (and accessories) I am hopeful it will go away eventually (it is getting smaller). Even if it didn’t I am proud, it is a badge of honor 🙂 thanks for stopping by.

Posted by Shannon | December 30, 2013, 8:37 pm
  7. You look amazing! You are a tiger!

Posted by BrittH09 | January 1, 2014, 12:34 am
  8. WOW. thank you so much for sharing. I do not have the guts to share pictures of what pregnancy did to my body, but it helps to see others embrace it. How on earth did you get so dang skinny? I am 7 months out and look like I just popped him out yesterday. I am assuming nursing twins probably played a huge part.

Posted by adventuringintomotherhood | January 9, 2014, 2:58 pm
    • Thank you so much for the support. I am mostly skinny because I am just so active with three young kids and two dogs, often times I don’t get time to eat! I think a big part of it was that it was my second pregnancy. My body popped out a lot sooner, but bounced back so much quicker! Plus since the twins were only 7.5lbs and 6lbs delivery was a lot easier than with my 9.3lb son. Here’s to you fellow tiger 🙂

Posted by Shannon | January 9, 2014, 4:36 pm
  9. I am in awe of your ability to lose the baby weight. My youngest turns 13 this week, and I’ve lost and gained my “baby weight” so many times now I can’t even keep track!

As others have mentioned, I applaud (LOUDLY) your sharing of what a real woman’s body looks like after birth. There is no doubt we have all stared at celebrity bodies and wondered what was *wrong* with us. Absolutely nothing, of course!!

Posted by bloggoneit | January 12, 2014, 12:41 pm
    • Thank you so much for your support. I keep seeing all the Kim Kardashian pics and shaking my head- I didn’t even look that way pre-pregnancy!
      It is hard to watch your weight when you are a busy mom, especially as you get older. I really try not to focus on my weight or size, instead I try to eat healthy, moderately and get lots of exercise. That way you are less stressed and losing the weight just happens naturally as a by-product of your lifestyle. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Posted by Shannon | January 12, 2014, 1:15 pm

1. Pingback: Sexy Saturdays: Trying To Concieve Twins | A Game of Diapers - January 18, 2014

2. Pingback: Baby Milestones: The Girls At 12 Months Old | A Game of Diapers - January 19, 2014

3. Pingback: 12 Month Postpartum Twin Belly Pics: Proud of My Body, Pouch and All | A Game of Diapers - January 22, 2014

4. Pingback: Diastasis Recti- Otherwise Known As The Big Hole In My Belly | A Game of Diapers - February 5, 2014

A Game of Diapers