Relationships are tough. But here are a few ideas of things you can do to keep things hot when things get cold (okay, well at least like warm). Disclaimer: I am not a relationship expert, just speaking from experience.
Feel free to add your own tips in the comments section (PG 13 only please).
1. Sexting (sexy texting). Send something fun, sexy, steamy to hubs during the day. You get to enjoy the art of flirting again (you remember flirting right?) and get revved up for later.
2. Sexy lingerie. Yes, it’s cliche but it works. In my case, my underwear is the last thing on my mind so when I do put in the effort hubs is very appreciative.
3. Romantic dinner. Make his favourite as a way of saying I love you.
4. Watching sexy tv/movies. Sometimes I get so involved in being a mom I forget about being a woman. Yet, after watching a few episodes of a tv show with a steamy hunk and lots of sex scenes usually reminds me I am. I am not talking porn or anything, just regular tv.
5. Hold hands. It’s sounds silly, but there is power in touch. Simply holding hands can make you feel more connected and can eventually lead to other touching.
6. Massages. These are great! Especially if your back hurts after lifting babies all day. Foot rubs and hand rubs are also nice.
7. Small gifts. We are definitely on a budget, but little tokens can show that you are thinking about each other. It could be your favourite donut, or a hockey themed pez dispenser, but it should be something thoughtful.
8. Let each other win an argument. In my case, we are both pretty stubborn, and even though we rarely fight when we do it’s always about something stupid (like the last episode of Walking Dead). Just let it go. Or if you must fight, consider it a buy in for make up sex.
9. Look at old pictures. Again, sometimes you just get lost in mundane life. Looking at pictures of when you were young and dating reminds me that we are more than our chores we can be fun and romantic and all the great times we have had together. Time to make more.
10. Say I love you. Say it lots and say it like you mean it, because you do. Not only are you setting a positive example for your kids, you are renewing your relationship.