Mom Pics

12 Month Postpartum Twin Belly Pics: Proud of My Body, Pouch and All

Here are the pics you have all been waiting for. Okay, not really, but my last update was my most popular post of all time!

Why do I post these pictures? The reason is simple:

1. To show what a real woman’s body looks like after giving birth (in my case to twins). That includes scars, pouches, stretch marks and a very weird-looking belly button. The media is full of celebrity postpartum pictures in which the celebrities look like…well, celebrities.  They have personal trainers, chefs, nannies and of course Photoshop to make them look good, but it is easy to forget that.

2. To show that you can get your body back after pregnancy (relatively) by eating right and leading an active lifestyle. I have not done a single sit up, crunch or stomach exercise, but just like with my son, once my torn stomach muscles are healing.  I have lost over 55lbs and gained my muscle back. I had three under three and now I am back at work full-time so I don’t have time to go to the gym or spend hours on my appearance (not that I would want to, I would rather spend my time with my family,  I mean that’s the point of having kids right?)

I am very proud of how flat by belly has gotten.  Only problem is that mother nature left my six-pack in the plastic bag!  Seriously though, my pouch is shrinking which makes me happy and why I felt it was worth an update.

Recently, I also started applying Oil of Olay wrinkle cream to my belly and it does seem to be making a difference.  I was putting it on my face and figured what the heck (I only use a little bit on my stomach).

I currently weigh 118lbs which is give or take my pre-pregnancy weight. Even though I have no time to work out and I sit at a desk all day, I work my exercise into my day by simply leading an active life and taking care of three kids and two dogs.  I still have my rocking stroller arms as well (pushing a double stroller through the snow everyday is more of a workout than you will get from any gym).

I am no Kim Kardashian, but then again, my pics aren’t photoshopped either! πŸ˜‰

In case you missed last month’s pictures click HERE.

To see my twin pregnancy belly pics click HERE.

39 thoughts on “12 Month Postpartum Twin Belly Pics: Proud of My Body, Pouch and All

1. Wow Shannon, that really is an amazing effort. Well done you!

Posted by Rachael @ mummyflyingsolo | January 22, 2014, 7:21 am
  2. Holy moley! Careful with those guns. I cannot believe how lean you are! What kind of exercise are you doing? Stroller hikes/jogs? Nice work lady.

Posted by mamaetmaman | January 22, 2014, 7:36 am
  3. Congrats on the flat belly. Unfortunately my mother still has the ‘plastic’ look some 40 years later (not sure if you remember but I have a twin sister). Oh, the sacrifices we make to be mothers!

Posted by Glorious Results of a Misspent Youth | January 22, 2014, 9:56 am
  4. Wow!!! Nice guns!!! I’m inspired! Oil of Olay, that’s a good tip!

Posted by Shelli@howsitgoingeh? | January 22, 2014, 10:54 am
  5. Great Job! Thanks for posting this in the Make Your Fat Cry group! I know it will inspire many not only now, but in the future that may join the group! Fannnnntastic.

Posted by downsideupmommy | January 22, 2014, 1:33 pm
  6. You go girl πŸ™‚

Posted by Theresa | January 23, 2014, 9:11 pm
  7. Oh wow, you look great!

Posted by mummyshymz | January 27, 2014, 7:33 pm
    • Thanks! Beauty is what’s on the inside anyway right?

Posted by Shannon | January 28, 2014, 9:33 pm
      • Not sure if the reply I wrote sent! Yes, you’re right, but it’s nice to feel good about your body – self confidence and love relates to how you are on the inside.

How big were your twins? Mind were 7 and 7.5 pounds – sooo much extra skin now! I’m skeptical I’ll ever tighten up like you have. Eating well and trying to walk or run each day.

Posted by twinnies13 | January 28, 2014, 9:39 pm
      • Got it thanks. I was huge! You can look at my belly pics. I went from a normal xs to a maternity xl and my belly was still hanging out! I couldn’t fit behind the steering wheel of my car even with the seat all the way back lol. If you look at my pics, especially the 11 month ones you can see all the saggy skin and how when I sit down it dimples like the surface of the moon. I also still have the hole from where my stomach muscles split, but it is smaller now (I used to be able to fit my whole hand in there!). I gave birth naturally but I’d I’d had a c section I’d have been asking for a tummy tuck as well lol

Posted by Shannon | January 28, 2014, 9:48 pm
      • I should have had a tummy tuck πŸ˜‰ Yes, my abdominal muscles have a separation of 8cms. Belly button is a little non-existent as well! Thanks for the support and hope πŸ™‚ x

Posted by twinnies13 | January 29, 2014, 2:41 am
  8. True BUT I do hate my tummy ATM (though I’m glad it’s such a mess as it’s a result of my twins being so healthy). How big were your twins? Mine were 7 and 7.5 pounds. Sooooo much extra skin now!

Posted by twinnies13 | January 28, 2014, 9:36 pm
    • Mine were 7.5lbs and 6.2lbs. I gained 55lbs which was 50% ofy prepregnancy weight. I still have tons of skin too. But it was the home to my wonderful babies so what can I do? πŸ™‚

Posted by Shannon | January 28, 2014, 9:44 pm
      • That’s a lovely way of putting it (home to babies). They were a good size too!! People can’t believe how big and healthy my bubs are πŸ‘

Posted by twinnies13 | January 29, 2014, 2:42 am
  9. Wow, that’s amazing. I never thought of using wrinkle cream but that makes so much sense!

Posted by thingsbridesdontsay | January 30, 2014, 8:14 pm
  10. I am going to use your pics as inspiration once I have this baby!
    You look fab!

Posted by letterstoreesie | January 31, 2014, 1:11 pm
  11. Wow, you look absolutely amazing! My friend just had twin girls on Monday. I’ll have to share this with her. So awesome!

Posted by Sarah | February 10, 2014, 1:16 pm
  12. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Like what I see so far on yours. All the best!

Posted by Second Street Assistant | February 16, 2014, 9:02 am
  13. Enjoy reading your blog! and got encouraged by your postpartum pics!!

Posted by Helen | February 18, 2014, 10:07 pm