Blog Awards, Ect.

1000 Followers!

1000I can not believe it but today A Game of Diapers reached 1000 WordPress followers.

I would like to thank each and every one of you that take the time to read my blog, comment on my posts, like and share my FB updates and tweets.  I love being a part of the blogging community and I never would have thought that the little hobby I started all those months ago when I was severely pregnant and couldn’t sleep would turn into this.  I am so luck to have such wonderful readers.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

49 thoughts on “1000 Followers!

1. Yaay, Congratulations! I’m the total opposite of you — I follow very few blogs — but I find myself coming back to yours on a regular basis. You have a knack of connecting at a very personal level… it’ll hard to resist that kind of connection, and it’ll take you far! Here’s to the next 1,000!

Posted by afineparent | March 25, 2014, 9:36 am
    • Thanks so much! Knowing that you read my blog means so much to me since you are such an inspiration to me. I definitely spend way too much time reading blogs, but like you said I really value the personal relationship. Best wishes 🙂

Posted by Shannon | March 25, 2014, 10:18 am
  2. That is so awesome! Congrats!

Posted by Laura | March 25, 2014, 9:37 am
  3. Congratulations! You definitely have a great blog! It’s one of the few I always keep up with 🙂

Posted by JenM | March 25, 2014, 9:43 am
  4. Congrats, dear Shannon!
    Sending hugs, chocolate…and diapers!!

Posted by MamaMickTerry | March 25, 2014, 9:57 am
  5. That’s fantastic. Congratulations!

Posted by calmgirl06 | March 25, 2014, 10:10 am
  6. congratulations!

Posted by Marissa Bergen | March 25, 2014, 10:19 am
  7. Wow!!! That’s awesome. Congrats.

Posted by somedaymama | March 25, 2014, 11:36 am
  8. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Posted by vrein11 | March 25, 2014, 11:41 am
  9. Congrats!! You have a fantastic blog and I can see why people follow it! I am glad I found it!

Posted by MommaNeedsCoffee | March 25, 2014, 11:59 am
  10. Congratulations! Darn fine hobby, this!

Posted by Bronwyn Joy @ Journeys Of The Fabulist | March 25, 2014, 12:15 pm
  11. Congrats!!! WHOO-HOO!!! THAT’S GREAT & YOUR GREAT 🙂

Posted by Mom 2 54321 | March 25, 2014, 1:06 pm
  12. Hearty Congrats!!

Posted by nirupamaprv | March 25, 2014, 2:12 pm
  13. Congratulations!

Posted by kcg1974 | March 25, 2014, 6:26 pm
  14. Congratulations! !!

Posted by mrs39andup | March 25, 2014, 8:12 pm
  15. Congratulations! 1000 is a lot!! 🙂

Posted by sparrow | March 25, 2014, 8:59 pm
  16. big number. congrats!

Posted by MommyBegins | March 25, 2014, 10:26 pm
  17. Congrats to you Shannon!!!

Posted by Jen @The Haute Mommy Handbook | March 26, 2014, 1:48 am
  18. Awesome! Congrats. Such a milestone I would like to reach too.

Posted by fromheretotherewithkids.com | March 26, 2014, 6:05 pm
  19. Congratulations!

Posted by Addie | March 27, 2014, 5:56 pm
  20. On a sorta related/sorta unrelated note – I notice that you don’t blog through wordpress.com. Are you using wordpress.org or have a server of your own somewhere? I’ve been thinking of changing over but don’t want to lose followers – though I have nowhere near 1000! At any rate I’ve been getting more emails lately from people asking to do posts and I thought I’d like to have more freedom to do some post related ads (like a link to an amazon affiliate account when I do a post about a particular toy and how to use it to develop language). Anyway I was just wondering how difficult it is.

Posted by Theresa | March 27, 2014, 8:26 pm
    • Hi Theresa. I am not sure what you are talking about. I do blog through WordPress.com. ???

Posted by Shannon | March 27, 2014, 9:28 pm
      • Really? But your blog just says gameofdiapers.com. Mine is .wordpress.com. Did you pay for the name upgrade?

Posted by Theresa | March 27, 2014, 9:29 pm
      • Yeah. You just pay $18 for a domain and then it’s yours. You can set it to automatically redirect so anyone who goes to your old site will be automatically redirected to the new site. It sucks because you can do ads, but I blog for fun not money and WordPress is such a great tool I have never really thought about leaving. If you ever have any technicalish questions feel free to let me know (after running two blogs for over a year I am somewhat of an expert).

Posted by Shannon | March 27, 2014, 9:40 pm
      • I’m not looking to make bank or anything but like I said maybe a couple related things or to amazon like I mentioned. Not sure if it’s worth it. Still debating.

Posted by Theresa | March 27, 2014, 9:43 pm
      • I think you can still have a site redirect even if you change off of workdpress (or you can do it the old fashioned way ie. Here is the link to the new site). I like the fact that you have followers with WP. My first blog was with blogger and you don’t have that.

Posted by Shannon | March 27, 2014, 10:01 pm
      • Yeah I had blogger briefly but wasn’t a fan.

Posted by Theresa | March 27, 2014, 10:05 pm