Ect., Top Tens/Lists, Twins/Toddler Tuesday

What A Typical Day Looks Like For Me

dayFor you (and me for reference some day) I just thought I would share what a typical day in my life looks like as a working mom of three littles.  Admittedly, things are a bit off right now with my mom being sick (so I am going into work an hour earlier), but here is what Monday April 7th was like for me.  I have also included some random pics I took that day (before I decided to write this post).

5:00AM: BUZZZZ time to get up and get ready for work.

5:20: out the door.

5:30 Stop at Tim’s for Iced Coffee

5:50: clock in at work

6:00: get up to date and start day.

8:00: washroom break, quickly check blog and personal email

10:00 decided to take a stroll down the street for a tea, got back and drank it while meeting with colleague

11:00 big meeting

9:00: call mom to check on her

9:15: read book with Sawyer

9:30: put Sawyer to bed, lock up and go upstairs

9:35: call Daddy to check in

9:50: do my nails and watch latest episode of Game of Thrones

11:00: go to sleep.

And that’s my typical Monday.  When my mom is well, they usually babysit from around 2-5 so Daddy can get ready for work and leave and I work until 3pm and then have a window for blogging, errands etc. before I get home, but right now because she is sick, I am going in extra early those three days, and Daddy is forfeiting his lunch break at work so he can be a little late.

If anyone else decides to chronicle a day, let me know, I’d be interested to see what the lives of other mommies are like.

Make every day a great one!

19 thoughts on “What A Typical Day Looks Like For Me

1. Wow that was interesting and I feel exhausted Shannon…! What do you do for work?

Posted by heidelightful | April 10, 2014, 7:13 am
    • Currently I work in communications (marketing and events). This is my first mostly desk job but you never know what will happen (tv appearances, tours etc) and of course working events is crazy. I have been with the same organization for six years and I have had several positions (volunteer coordinator, foster coordinator, health and safety coordinator, supervisor, inventory and purchasing manager) which means I am the go to person for anything and everything lol.

Posted by Shannon | April 10, 2014, 1:56 pm
  2. I do guest posts for a blog called Mumbling Mommy and I’ve done this kind of post once I year since the twins were born 🙂 I just finished my 3rd one. It’s so much fun. I’ll get you the link: http://www.mumblingmommy.com/2014/03/a-day-in-life-my-babies-are-growing-up.html?m=1

Posted by Heather C | April 10, 2014, 7:46 am
  3. There are links to the other 2 in the post too 🙂

Posted by Heather C | April 10, 2014, 7:46 am
  4. Sounds pretty hectic at the moment. Sawyer is good going out to play while you feed the others!

Posted by Bronwyn Joy @ Journeys Of The Fabulist | April 10, 2014, 8:24 am
  5. I did something very similar to this on my blog at the end of March 🙂 I don’t have 3 though, so I can’t imagine how exhausted you are!

Posted by Katie Mere | April 10, 2014, 10:54 am
  6. One word ‘woah’ – that is one very, very long and possibly stressful day!? Hope you can manage a slightly more relaxed weekend? 🙂

Posted by Lydia Devadason | April 10, 2014, 3:21 pm
  7. Wow! I’m still in awe of you getting up at 5 and out of the door by 5:20…

Posted by loveylevinsmommy | April 10, 2014, 5:40 pm
  8. Wow!!!! Busy lady! And you start your day at 5am?! I would be a zombie! That’s amazing! I think I’m going to blog my day too! Great idea! I will link you!

Posted by Tales of a Twin Mombie | April 10, 2014, 7:49 pm
  9. If you make your lunch the night before, you can shave off another 5 minutes. I start work at 4 am. I wake up at 3:20 and am out the door at 3:31. Lunch and clothes done night before and I make my coffee at work. An extra minute of sleep is great!

Posted by Dayna | April 15, 2014, 11:53 am
  10. Dude, you vacuum and mop every day?! I actually can’t remember the last time I mopped… As you may have guessed, I am not a good housekeeper. Reading about your day makes me tired!

Posted by thingsheatherlearnedtoday | April 24, 2014, 1:10 am