Many of us out there get a little crazy when we are trying to get pregnant. We spend hundreds of dollars buying things to pee on, or finding ouselves thinking and talking in TTC acronyms. But as you probably know by now, I have a knack for the extreme. So have laugh with today’s top 10 craziest things I have done while TTC.
10. I have carefully labelled and catalogued all my pee sticks (opks and hpts) along the way for further reference.
9. I have peed in a cup in my car to test for pregnancy…more than once.
8. I have carried around jars of urine in my bag so that I could test during my Clearblue fertility monitor window (when I was doing night shift).
7. I scratched my car on the side of the parking garage because I wanted to get home ASAP while my son was napping so we could baby dance.
6. I have purchased questionable supplements off Kijiji because I though they might help me get pregnant (specifically DHEA, which is technically illegal in Canada).
5. I have tried to reuse a pregnancy test.
4. I have mixed and injected myself with medications while driving on the expressway (to be fair it was stop and go in rush hour).
3. I practically jumped off a moving bus because I was surrounded (and by surrounded I mean there were three) pregnant women around me and I was having a panic attack.
2. I refused medication in the hospital because I told the doctor I might be pregnant. I will never forget the look on his face when he ran a blood test and told me it was fine because I wasn’t, and I still refused because I told him I was only 6DPO so of course he wouldn’t be able to tell yet.
1. I didn’t tell Daddy I was pregnant (with the twins) until I was just shy of nine weeks along.
So be honest, what’s the craziest thing you have ever done while TTC? I am sure I can’t be the only one out there…I hope LOL