PROJECT ME, Twins/Toddler Tuesday

The Responsibility Chart

It looks busy from far away but it's very easy for kids to understand.

A few days ago I wrote about introducing (or reintroducing) my four year old to chores. I looked at various chore charts and things until I settled on this one. It is a nice wood frame with magnets. The price was reasonable at only $20 (Canadian) but the best part is that it isn’t just about chores. I liked that some of the categories were things like saying please and thank you.  This way I can set my son up for success with reasonable goals but these are also important things in life.
He was so excited as I unpacked it and then we sat down together and chose his goals for the week. During the process he said thank you about 10 times so I gave him that happy face.
I explained to him that for every happy face he gets 10 cents allowance that he can use to purchase what ever he likes.  He already has a piggy bank and a coin purse and he is all set to go.
I will update you at the end of the week and let you know how it goes, but so far he likes it.
Do your kids help with the chores? If you have any tips or tricks you’d like to share please use the comments section.

Cheers!

13 thoughts on “The Responsibility Chart

1. I love this idea. I really need to get chores better organized at my house. They help but there is no plan so much.

Posted by Princess Mommy | January 23, 2015, 7:55 am
  2. be consistent but firm. Great Chart!

Posted by vrein11 | January 23, 2015, 9:09 am
  3. That’s great! What a fun way to motivate and encourage your son. Our oldest feeds the dogs, wipes cabinets and appliances in the kitchen, and helps with dishes.

Posted by mombieconfessions | January 23, 2015, 10:22 am
  4. I love this! I think I am going to order me one too for our four year old foster child. Thanks for sharing!

Posted by Elisha | January 23, 2015, 8:21 pm
  5. Great idea! I should keep tab on this one for future reference.

Posted by Fleur | January 24, 2015, 10:27 am
  6. Mine aren’t really at an age for one of these yet but I love this one! so cute!

Posted by Theresa | January 24, 2015, 12:54 pm