Ect., Infertility, Mommy Musings: Thoughts and Opinions, pregnancy #4

Pregnant with Baby #4

Baby at 12 weeks

So I am now almost 18 weeks pregnant and there is one thing I have learned that I would like to share with you (even though I have read this before I didn’t believe it)

No two pregnancies are alike.

I was pregnant with a single in 2009 and   twins in 2012 and this time it has been so different. With the other two I was happy, energetic and full of life. Yes, I had terrible morning sickness at the beginning but other than that they were great. In fact, being pregnant with the twins was one of the best years of my life.

This time around I am very blah, exhausted all the time and generally blah (oh yeah I said that). The beginning was scary because I had relatively no morning sickness but everything is fine so I guess after twins my body had no trouble handling the hormones.

I guess after twins a single pregnancy is blah (yes, I admit, I was hoping for twins again).

I guess it’s also a change in circumstances. Caring for three kids and working full time is not something I had to do before since last pregnancy I just had ONE child to care for so maybe  that’s why I am so tired all the time.

Please don’t get me wrong, we put in a lot of work to get this baby and I am so exited and relived I finally be pregnant after so long but I guess it still surprises me that it’s so different and that I don’t feel how I thought I would.

Anyone expecting after twins or expecting #3, 4 or 5 with any pregnancy experiences to share like mine (or unlike mine)?

9 thoughts on “Pregnant with Baby #4

1. I remember being exhausted all of the time with my third pregnancy. However, having my first and second child was a big shock/adjustment. My third baby was the fussiest, but there wasn’t that big adjustment period afterwards. Even the third C-section was easier. So it should be a piece of cake for you after twins. Just expect to be tired more. You are older now and working full-time with 3 little kids, that is also to be expected. Best wishes and enjoy!!

Posted by Outrunning my demons | May 13, 2016, 1:57 pm
    • Thanks for sharing your experience. Good to know I am not alone. I guess I should have expected to be tired but I am usually so energetic I don’t even need coffee and now I am just a sloth lol. Best wishes.

Posted by Shannon | May 13, 2016, 3:09 pm
  2. I have 6 kiddos and every pregnancy was different. I had a son first and I assumed my second would be a girl because I felt so different… nope! My second was a boy who had a twin that passed away early in the pregnancy. Third was another boy and I was exhausted during that pregnancy. Fourth and fifth were girls and my sixth was a boy. Even now (at ages 21, 19, 17, 14, 12 and 9) they are all so different!
    Maybe you’ll get a burst of energy soon, I have had that happen during my second trimester. The first trimester was always rough for me.

Posted by amomlikeme | May 13, 2016, 3:26 pm
    • Thanks for sharing. What a lively family you must have πŸ™‚ I keep hoping for that burst but at 18 weeks still nothing. I guess once the baby comes and I can have coffee again nothing will stop me LOL. Thanks for dropping by .

Posted by Shannon | May 13, 2016, 5:51 pm
  3. Wow, this is exciting news!!! Congratulations! πŸ™‚ I imagine pregnancy is much different in a singleton pregnancy after having twins. And working full time with 3 at home? Shew!!

Posted by journeyformybaby | May 13, 2016, 4:47 pm
  4. I had two toddlers when I was pregnant with my third. I was not a fun person to be around….at all. I was sooooo tired. I didn’t know that level of exhausted existed. Somewhere along the way, the joy of pregnancy came back full force. The pregnancy was entirely different throughout though. Just like their personalities are entirely different.

Posted by rgemom | May 13, 2016, 6:58 pm